SHELL_BAD Array ( [json_decode] => 1 [curl_init] => 1 [base64_decode] => 1 [gzuncompress] => 1 [phpok] => 1 [has_space] => 1 [index_writable] => [safe_mode_off] => 1 )
How to Test Your Oven Temperature Without a Thermometer | Live Laugh Love Health
How to Test Your Oven Temperature Without a Thermometer
- granulated sugar
- aluminum foil (optional)
- To test if your oven is running cold:.
- Preheat oven to 375°. (186° C.).
- Place a small amount of granulated sugar in an oven-proof dish or on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes.
- If your oven is calibrated correctly, the sugar will melt.
- If your oven is running cold, the sugar will not melt.
- To test if your oven is running hot:.
- Preheat oven to 350°. (177° C.).
- Follow the same procedure as above.
- If your oven is calibrated correctly, the sugar will not melt (although it may brown a little).
- If your oven is running hot, the sugar will melt.
- Note: ovens do not maintain a constant temperature, but cycle above and below it, so it is possible that the sugar may melt at 350° if your oven is correctly calibrated but has an extreme cycle (15° F, 8° C.).
Found on Food.com