Use Your Noodle
1. Get set: Cut a few swimming noodles in two, so that you have one half for each player. Scatter 20 or so blown-up balloons on the ground around a laundry basket.
Cooperate: Give players five minutes to move as many balloons as possible into the laundry basket without touching the balloons with any body part. The catch? The only tool they can use is their pool noodle. At first, players may try batting the balloons into the basket, but they’ll soon realize that they must pair up and use two pool noodles like giant chopsticks to lift the balloons into place.
2. How to Make a Wicket Game ~ Use a hammer to pound two chopsticks or 1/4-inch dowels (cut to 10 to 12 inches long) halfway into the ground about 30 to 40 inches apart, depending on how tall you want your wickets. Slide a hollow pool noodle in place.
3. Pool Noodle Super Sprinkler~ Turn one into a super squirter that can be used to launch all sorts of fun and games, such as the High Water Jump shown here.
4. The Deluxe Kid Wash ~ The Kid Wash is crafted almost entirely from PVC pipe, a material we love not just for its low cost (about $30 for all the pieces shown here) and durability, but also for its ease of use (with all those interconnecting pieces — it’s like Tinkertoys for grown-ups).
5. Cheap and Easy, Travel Bed Rail ~ Do you have a toddler who doesn’t fit in a play yard anymore? Or perhaps you co sleep and can’t bring all the comforts of home on your trip. There’s a solution.
6. Pool Noodle Lightsabers~ Star Wars lightsabers out of pool noodles for a birthday party or just for fun.
7. Make a Backyard Goalpost~ Kids can practice their placekicking — and increase the challenge as their aim improves — with this adjustable goalpost made from pool noodles.
8. Agility Tire Jump Game ~ Duct-tape six rings to one another, then tape them to thicker (3 1/2-inch-wide) hollow pool noodle posts.
9. Pool Noodle Backyard Games~ Make a target station by joining rings into colorful targets for flying disks, soccer balls, and more. Stakes keep the target upright.
10. Pool Noodle Candy Canes ~ You can easily transform round pool noodles into mint decorations with just some fishing line and ribbon.
11. Pool Noodle Flower Straws ~ Cut pool noodles into flowers with a kitchen knife and then attach to some straws for a fun little table decor, preschool play group snack, or just for fun.
12. Make a Pool Noodle Garland ~ This project is so simple, and really adds such a bright and playful element to your outdoor decor- plus it’s weather-proof!
13. Cut a noodle and tie a rope through it, around a Rubbermaid bin. GENIUS!!!!
14. Fun to put up in child’s room. Practice ball skills.
15. Marble sent down the noodle to knock over sidewalk chalk
16. Pool Noodle Draft Stopper
17. Did you know that the noodles fit perfectly with 1/2″ PVC pipe? They are fantastic for making forts!
18. Decorations! Use Pool noodles for the legs, anchored into base with bamboo sticks. Purchased socks, yard sale shoes. Add the broom and there you are. You could stick the witch in a cauldron like this one, or just toss her in the bushes out front.
19. Pool noodles to cover trampoline springs
20. DIY: Pool Noodle Race Track
21. Pool noodle ball toss!
22. Make your own ring toss game using pool noodles.
23. Pool noodle water wall!
24. Bike Car Wash!
25. Marble Run
26. You can even use them for your own DIY activity gym. Such a smart way to save some money.
27. Don’t forget to save a noodle for yourself. SELF Magazine rounded up an entire workout plan using only a pool noodle.
28. Make a unique headboard!
29. Foam Wreath Form
30. Building Blocks
31. Hands Free Card Holder
32. Boot Storage Solution
33. Car Door Guard
34. Drink Floater
35. Crib Rail Cover
36. Organizing pool toys
37. Pool noodle chair